Yango is a dynamic and entrepreneurial media and communications agency operating within the fast paced and rapidly evolving media and technology space. Yango fuses media with technology to deliver great results for our clients. It’s an exciting place to be and we love what we do. We are passionate, hard-working and encourage new ideas and entrepreneurial thinking. At Yango you will be at the forefront of innovation in the industry, we will provide unlimited opportunity and support to be at your best and develop your career. Explore our website to learn more www.yango.com.au
This position is a role within the Product stream and a management position within the core team of the business. Day to day, you will work with the Performance Director and the rest of the product streams to deliver a high performing product offering, support publisher/technology/data relationships, manage your team to deliver on their duties, assist with business development and the creation of new processes, assist with overseeing the delivery of best practice performance media campaigns across the business, and assist with ensuring that both campaign performance and margins are maximised across the business. You will also contribute to and assist the client streams across strategy, campaign delivery, training/education, and assist with upskilling them across performance media.
This is a fast paced and dynamic role, where you will be constantly learning and growing. As part of a high-performing team, you seek to deliver excellence in all that you do and are surrounded by like-minded individuals. You will be relied upon to be a role model for more junior staff and exhibit behaviours which assist in their development.
Role & Responsibilities.
• Assist with developing a product definition, positioning (including point of differentiation), justification, and viable commercial modelling across the performance product stack; assist with continuing to develop and evolve these product(s) in market, ensuring that they remain relevant and on the cutting edge of the industry.
• Contribute to the creation of a strategic activation plan and best practice implementation rollout plan for these products. Assist with cultivating any collateral required to activate these product(s) both within the business and the wider market
• Assist with product planning and roadmap development.
• Capture and distribute notes from client meetings in a timely manner.
• Assist the team in the creation and execution of media campaigns, including but not limited to the creation of audiences, targeting parameters, optimisations, etc.
• Assist with overseeing best practice setup, implementation, and management of performance media campaigns across the business.
• Assist with maintaining Yango’s wider data/publisher/technology relationships ensuring relevant information, upskilling and onboarding of existing/new platforms is delivered on to the wider team, into updated collateral/credentials, and through to clients on a regular basis.
• Assist with the regular assessment of the data/publisher/technology relationships used across the business and ensuring that these are still viable in market, assist with exploring new opportunities in market to advance the Yango performance product stack and the business. Work collaboratively with these partners to develop positive outcomes.
• Assist with the development and delivery of training programs and collateral to upskill the client streams.
• Contribute to the development of case studies and industry award entries for successful client campaigns.
• Actively understand and assist with attaining relevant industry qualifications for your position and the business, ensuring that these remain current and applicable to the market.
• Contributes to client meetings when necessary, always arriving promptly on time.
• Effectively communicates with clients to generate positive outcomes, working with the team to co-ordinate a streamlined response.
• Assist the client streams in the creation and execution of media campaigns where necessary, including but not limited to the creation of campaigns, audiences, targeting parameters, optimisations, etc.
• Contribute to the creation and execution of media campaigns where necessary, including but not limited to the creation of campaigns, audiences, targeting parameters, optimisations, etc.
• Assist with the trafficking of creative and live reporting, including analytics, tag management, and tag creation where necessary.
• Contribute to the creation and delivery of reporting for clients where necessary – effectively analysing data, structuring this in a digestible manner, and delivering useful insights.
• Assist in the development of responses to brief, creation of presentations and best practice documents, such as campaign strategy development, proposals and post-campaign reports.
• Assists in the delivery of responses to brief, proposals, presentations, etc. to clients.
• Assist in the education and training of clients, as well as the provision of technical support where required.
• Demonstrate the Yango values – “What’s the +1?”, Agile Learners & Doers, Taking Care, Simplifying the Complex.
• Actively participate in the +1 University training program, learning and developing new skills in the process.
• Work in collaboration with the Client streams and the broader Product streams to deliver on shared objectives.
• Demonstrate usage and adherence to agency processes and tools, including the correct usage of brand templates and the agency response framework.
• Attends and actively participates in media publisher/technology and data partner presentations.
• Contribute to making Yango a better place to work through participation in agency initiatives relating to talent, culture, collaboration and quality work output.
• Demonstrate role model behaviour and assist in the growth and development of your team.
• Manage your direct reports to deliver on their day-to-day duties, as well as support and collaborate with the wider business.
• Ensure that you are communicating effectively within your team, with your manager, and across the business.
• Provide guidance and coaching, growing and developing your direct reports via training, onboarding and development plans, and specialised instruction.
• Work with your direct reports, as well as the Head of Product & Business Operations and the Performance Director to deliver a consistent and high-performing product offering across the business. Ensure that your direct reports are strongly contributing to this.
• Assist the Head of Product & Business Operations and the Performance Director with the development of business processes to improve efficiencies.
• Assist with overseeing the delivery of campaign margin where necessary, ensuring that this remains within acceptable parameters across the business.
• Ensure that you are familiar with client fee structures and carrying out tasks with this in mind.
• Assist with ensuring that any tech/data/publisher contracts and agreements are within Yango guidelines, approved by the appropriate parties, and are of favourable terms to Yango.
• Assist with billing when necessary.
• Support in the delivery of commercial targets across the business.
• Contribute to the proposal of cross-sell/up-sell opportunities across the client streams.
• Supports on new business pitches as and when required.
The following KPIs are the minimum requirements of this role. Your line manager will work with you to tailor bespoke KPIs that address your individual learning and development needs.
• Contributes to the development of at least 1 x case study per quarter, and at least 1 x award entry per year – working collaboratively with key stakeholders across the business.
• Assist with developing or evolving at least one product definition, positioning (including point of differentiation), justification, and viable commercial modelling across the performance product stack. Assist with the development/update and rollout of at least 1 product per quarter. Providing examples of how you have contributed to this and the positive outcomes which resulted.
• Assist with the delivery of at least one training and development plan to upskill the team on a product per quarter.
• Assist with updating the product roadmap with progress on one product at least once per quarter.
• Assist with communicating with at least 5x publisher/technology/data partners at least once per quarter.
• Assist with assessing publisher/technology/data partnerships across the business each quarter.
• Ensure that all Yango publisher/technology/data partnership program certifications (e.g. Google Partners, TTD Academy, etc.) do not expire and we retain these certifications throughout the year
• Assist the client streams with client communication (including meetings, presentations, education, etc.), contributing to and leading this where necessary.
• Assist the client streams with delivering best practice performance media campaigns for clients, contributing to and leading this where necessary.
• Assist the client streams with developing client strategies and responses to brief, contributing to and leading this where necessary.
• Embodies the Yango values – “What’s the +1?”, Agile Learners & Doers, Taking Care, Simplifying the Complex – and in doing so inspires others through the demonstration of role model behaviour for their team.
• Attends 90% of +1 University training sessions.
• Actively participates and presents in all group training assignments.
• Assist with organising at least 2 publisher/tech/data training sessions for the wider team per quarter.
• Work with the Management Team and Performance Director to develop and deliver business processes to improve efficiencies..
• Assist in improving the culture of the business.
• Manage the learning and development of your team, guiding and supporting them to achieve their KPIs.
• Assist in leveraging campaign margin or platform/channel/technology data to deliver improved efficiencies for the business.
• Contribute to driving positive commercial outcomes across the business.
• Provide at least 1 example of how you have contributed to new business each year.
• This is a position which involves managing people and being a role model within the business. Generally this would require a minimum of 3+ years of relevant experience.
• Tertiary education in a related field (e.g. Advertising, Commerce, Business, Marketing) or equivalent is preferred but not mandatory.
• Knowledge of current media and communication trends, with an understanding of performance marketing and how this might apply to our agency as well as our clients’ business.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work well as part of a team.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong mathematical skills, with ability to understand commercial models, revenue, and billings.
• Developing the ability to manage a team. Growing and developing them by creating bespoke development plans and delivering constructive feedback.
• Awareness of product development processes and frameworks. Demonstrated ability to assist in managing projects.
• Ability to assist in managing external relationships with suppliers, stakeholders, etc.
• Advanced understanding and use of business software, such as Microsoft suite (particularly Excel) and Google Docs.
• Strong experience in industry tools and technology, including but not limited to Roy Morgan, AQX, Google suite, measurement platforms, Facebook/Instagram Ads, etc
Expectations of You.
• Dynamic and proactive, you bring positive energy and a can-do attitude to your role.
• Intermediate presentation and communication skills with the objective of being able to successfully communicate your opinion with key stakeholders both internal and external.
• Well organised with strong attention to detail and numeracy skills.
• Demonstrates a keen interest in our industry through participation in learning and development opportunities., including those offered by the IMAA.
• Effective time management skills, with the ability to manage expectations of turn around times (both internally and externally) and prioritise tasks based on business importance.
• Focused on continual self-development, actively seeking constructive feedback and modifying behaviour if required.
• Maintains client and business confidentiality, with an understanding of the appropriate information sharing boundaries.
• Manage, grow, and develop your direct reports – putting their wellbeing before yours.
• Basic commercial and business acumen, with the ability to occasionally relate factors in these areas to business outcomes.
• Demonstrate intermediate levels of emotional intelligence, connecting and supporting your team and clients.
• Basic ability to influence people outside of your direct reports, generating positive outcomes – navigating the complexities of different teams and structures to deliver on business objectives.
• Ability to support client/new business presentations.
• Intermediate project management skills.
• Strong strategic, analytical, and creative problem solving skills.
• Seek, deliver, and accept constructive feedback while acting on opportunities to improve.
• Intermediate conflict resolution and decision-making capability in a changing commercial and people environment.
Salary & Benefits.
TBC based on candidate
Send a CV and introductory email to firstname.lastname@example.org